Protect your building from pigeons, starlings and gulls with Hici’s bird spikes in 1-meter strips. This easy to install and maintain bird deterrent will keep birds off your structures permanently. Their durable construction, that uses stainless steel and UV-protected polycarbonate, ensures that these spikes do not need replacement anytime soon.
Z Type Bird Spikes: Great for most applications, long-lasting polycarbonate, easy to install and transparent
How To Get Rid Of Birds
Z TypeBird Spikes are a versatile range of precision engineered bird spike designed to provide effective and humane control of problem urban birds. The upward pointing wires or ‘spikes’ act as a physical barrier to the birds without hurting them. The clever design provides the solution to virtually every situation where bird spikes are suitable. This reduces the need to carry several different stock lines.
Z TypeBird Spikes can be used to protect buildings against pigeons in a wide variety of situations, from day time perching to night roosting sites and from the narrowest pipes to the widest of building ledges.
Stainless steel Z Type Bird Spikes have the longest life expectancy and the use if high tensile strength stainless steel in particular means birds cannot easily push them out of the way or bend them out of shape. UV-protection of polycarbonate bases further offers a valuable safeguard against cracking or breaking through prolonged exposure to sunlight. And cleaning-off and priming surfaces to key-in adhesives and employing adhesives that provide a strong bond regardless of conditions are also important.
Z TypeBird Spikes are far less visible than plastic ones because they do not reflect sunlight and attract far less dirt, continuing to remain tidy and unobtrusive over an extended period. Low profile bases should be specified to reduce visibility from the ground, with translucent plastic blending well into most building surfaces. Follow ‘How to
Install’ Guidelines to achieve longest possible lifetime:
Visibility (wires) – Stainless steel are far less visible than plastic spikes
Visibility (base) – Low profile base (5mm high) will not be seen from the ground level looking upwards
Base Colour – Slightly cloudy clear base blends well with most surfaces irrespective of the surface colour
Speed of Install -Bird Spikes are quicker to install than other bird deterrent systems
- Ensure all areas are clean, dry and free from bird droppings. Remember to look up since the source of the mess might be from ledges or pipes higher up on the building and it is necessary for you to install the Bird Spikes as well to prevent the droppings, twigs etc. fall down onto the pigeon spikes.
- Install the Bird Spikes with screws or apply pigeon spike fixing silicone such as avisil bird adhesive(10mm) on the base of the spike.
- Stick the first row of Bird Spikes towards the front of the ledge and then press down firmly. For very wide ledges 3 or more rows of pigeon spikes may be required but it is important to leave no more than 2 inches (5cm) between rows.
- Bird Spikes can be easily snapped using your fingers. Snap spikes into pieces to finish off rows for small areas.
- If there is a hole in the eaves or a cavity in the exterior wall behind the Bird Spikes, please block the access to this hole or space with wire mesh or expanding foam. Prior to blocking the hole, make ensure that pigeons have not been trapped in the recess or any pigeon squabs or dependent birds found.
- Pigeons will overcome any Bird Spikes on lower parts by standing on the raised section, therefore, please make sure that the base of the Bird Spikes are fixed directly onto the top of any parts of the ledge that may be raised slightly higher than the rest of the ledge.
- Warn window cleaners, contractors on ladders, scaffolders, painters etc. to be careful whilst working since a slightly damaged Bird Spike is likely to provide an ideal roosting or nesting spot for a pigeon. If any damage is generated, the Easy Pest Bird Spikes should be replaced to prevent the pigeons moving back in. .
- Adhesive is recommended for use where the surface is dry.
- “High Tack” adhesive can be used where the surface is damp.
- Bird Spikes have a unique Glue Guide on the underside of the base to allow quick and easy application of Adhesive.
- To open Adhesive, use the Adhesive Cutter Tool. Cut the cap of the tube by rotating the tool around the cap of the tube.
- Cut the nozzle along the second of the three guide lines (10mm from tip)
- Apply a 5mm band of Adhesive in the Glue Guide of the Bird Spike
- Press the Bird Spike strip firmly into place.
Attaching – Pipes
- Bird Spikes can be attached to a pipe using Adhesive, rail clamps and cable ties
Attaching – Curved Surface
- On a curved surface, such as signs, snap the Bird Spike strip into sections before gluing with Adhesive.
Attaching – TV Aerial
- Bird Spikes can be attached to an aerial using cable ties. Adhesive may also be used